Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to put simple labels on pictures

I want to simply label a photo with street names.

In my humble opinion, this is something that Mac ought to be able to handle.

I am not a graphic design expert and I do not expect to have to learn a lot of graphic design stuff to do that.

Pages does not allow text to be rotated over a picture. If it is not horizontal, it cannot be done within Pages (ie not like WordArt in Office).

So, I purchased Art Text 2, which lets me create words which can be tilted etc. Then I copy and paste into my Pages doc. I make the photo inline, and then I make the word graphic floating and so that it does not cause wrap. It is there on my screen, but the instant I select it, it literally disappears. Nothing will get it to come back. Even making invisible objects visible.

Nothing works - I have tried all the things. I have tried making the photo background - I have tried making the photo floating. But the problem of the disappearning Art Text object still happens.

Does anyone know how to do what I am trying to do? Sometimes the road is tilted on the page, and I simply want the words to be able to follow the tilt. Surely there must be a way to do something so simple using Macs - which are supposed to be the gear of choice for graphic design. I am not talking high end photoshop manipulation here - just something really basic.

Mac mini

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 7:01 PM

6 replies

Jun 9, 2013 11:12 PM in response to mwb1969

It sounds to me like another object is wrapping and pushing the image away, but it is hard to tell without seeing your file.

You do really need to download the Pages09_UserGuide.pdf from under the Help menu and look up some of the things you want to do. Also just have a look around the well organised menus and Inspectors to see what is there.

You are assuming the absence of things without looking in the obvious places.

Peter

How to put simple labels on pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.