Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv requires constant signing in with apple id

I constantly have to sign in using my apple id and reopen home sharing on itunes, any ideas why?

AppleTV 2, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 7:20 PM

1 reply

Jun 12, 2013 6:43 AM in response to michaelwkelley

Hi michaelwkelley,

The article below has some troubleshooting steps relating to Apple ID and Home Sharing.

Troubleshooting Home Sharing

3. Check your Apple ID

Home Sharing requires all computers, iOS devices, and Apple TVs (2nd generation and 3rd generation) to use the same Apple ID.

To verify your intended Apple ID is enabled on all of your devices:

On Apple TV, navigate to Settings > Computers and look in the bottom-left.

User uploaded file

On your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad, navigate to Settings > Music.

User uploaded file

On your computer, open iTunes. Open the File menu and select Home Sharing. If the incorrect Apple ID is listed in iTunes, do the following:

1. Go to File > Home Sharing and choose Turn Off Home Sharing.
  2. Choose File > Home Sharing > Turn On Home Sharing.
  3. When prompted, enter the Apple ID you'd like to use.
  4. Click Turn On Home Sharing, then Done.

User uploaded file

A maximum of five computers can use Home Sharing at one time. If this limit has been reached and you want to add a new Home Share, deauthorize one or more computers by choosing Deauthorize Computer from the Storemenu in iTunes. For more information about authorization and deauthorization, see About iTunes Store authorization and deauthorization.

If the settings are correct on all devices as indicated, you may just need to update your Apple ID information.

I've included information on how to do that as well.

Frequently asked questions about Apple ID

Hopefully, one of these two avenues will help with your issue.

Cheers,

Judy

apple tv requires constant signing in with apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.