my iphone automatically locked and it does not open again,but if u call the sim that was inserted you will hear that it was active,so please help me how to open my iphone 4,no display appeared if you touch the switch button
141 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 12, 2013 7:20 AM by sterling r
Currently Being ModeratedRe: my iphone automatically locked and it does not open again,but if u call the sim that was inserted you will hear that it was active,so please help me how to open my iphone 4,no display appeared if you touch the switch buttonJun 12, 2013 7:20 AM (in response to arlyn-cavite)
If the screen is not showing anyting when you press any of the buttons you may want to try these steps.
From article iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2802
- Verify that the Sleep/Wake button functions. If it does not function, inspect it for signs of damage. If the button is damaged or is not functioning when pressed, seek service.
- Check if a Liquid Contact Indicator (LCI) is activated or there are signs of corrosion. Learn about LCIs and corrosion.
- Connect the iPhone to the iPhone's USB power adapter and let it charge for at least ten minutes.
- After at least 15 minutes, if:
- The home screen appears: The iPhone should be working. Update to the latest version of iOS if necessary. Continue charging it until it is completely charged and you see this battery icon in the upper-right corner of the screen . Then unplug the phone from power. If it immediately turns off, seek service.
- The low-battery image appears, even after the phone has charged for at least 20 minutes: See "iPhone displays the low-battery image and is unresponsive" symptom in this article.
- Something other than the Home screen or Low Battery image appears, continue with this article for further troubleshooting steps.
- If the iPhone did not turn on, reset it while connected to the iPhone USB power adapter.
- If the display turns on, go to step 4.
- If the display remains black, go to next step.
- Connect the iPhone to a computer and open iTunes. If iTunes recognizes the iPhone and indicates that it is in recovery mode, attempt to restore the iPhone. If the iPhone doesn't appear in iTunes or if you have difficulties in restoring the iPhone, see this article for further assistance.
- If restoring the iPhone resolved the issue, go to step 4. If restoring the iPhone did not solve the issue, seek service.