Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi connecting

Bare with me.....I'm a new user. I have an Ipod and was connected to my home wifi for the past 6 months. The other day I tried to access wifi @ a hospital, was unsuccessful, and now can't access any wifi, even at home. When I go to my setting screen it shows my home wifi name, wifi is on, ask to join other networks is on. If I try to choose anything on the screen it doesn't move, it's like it's locked. The only way out of the screen is to push the home button. What happened and how do I fix it?

Thanks.

iPod touch

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 2:53 AM

2 replies

Jun 10, 2013 3:43 AM in response to Quiltmama22boys

Quit the Settings app completely and reboot the iPad.

Tap the home button.

Double tap the home button and the recents tray will appear with all of your recent apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on the Settings app icon until it begins to wiggle.

Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the Settings app.

Tap the home button or anywhere above the task bar.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

If that let's you back into the settings app, you might want to try Settings>WiFi>Your network name>Tap the blue Arrow>Forget this Network. Restart your iPad and then go back to the WiFi settings, find your network and try to join again.

Or Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Restart the iPad, go back to the WiFi setting, find your network and try to join again.

wifi connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.