1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 10, 2013 5:33 AM by Michigan One Fly
Michigan One Fly Level 2 Level 2 (240 points)

For quite sometime now, whenever I open Aperture or Final Cut pro the hue of my screen changes.  I have the desktop set for solid gray, I think it's medium.  But when either of the two programs open the hue chages and I have a blueish cast,  the destop looks more like Aqua Graphite than solid gray.

My 17" MBP has the dual graphics cards.  Intel HD Graphics and the NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M.  I am thinking the hue shift happens when the card in use switches. I calibrate with a Spyder 3 and I am concerend that I have 2 very different calibrations and not sure which one is the calibrated one.

I have been playing around with Lightroom 5 Beta and when it opens there is no hue shift. 

I have an external monitor also, but I am traveling right now and can't recall if this behavior is mirrored with it.  I usually only have it on with editing software use.

I was going to post screen shots of the two different screens but to me they look identical when viewed on my screen, they both swiich hues depending on what software is running.

Any thoughts about whats going on here ? 

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Aperture, FCP X
  • Michigan One Fly Level 2 Level 2 (240 points)

To add to the info.  If I switch the graphics card automatic switching of,f the screen goes to the blueish hue regardless of the software that is running.  So it is a graphics card switching issue.  Nothing at all to do with Aperture or FCP.

I'll be spending some time on one of the other forums to get to the bottom of this.  For now switching off the automatic switching followed by a restart, then turning it back on gets it working correctly it appears.  But for how long ???