Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Project to Apple TV

Hi,

When I release an iMovie project to iTunes to be viewed via Apple TV, it creates in the background a sharing file which consumes a lot of space on the storage disc.

What is the function of this sharing file? Can I delete it without loosing anything from the movie?

Some I have moved to an external storage disc seemingly without any effect on the iMovie project.

Thanks for advise.

THLMUC

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 1:05 PM

thlmuc wrote:

Hi,

When I release an iMovie project to iTunes to be viewed via Apple TV, it creates in the background a sharing file which consumes a lot of space on the storage disc.

What is the function of this sharing file?

So you can re-edit it directly in iMovie and it will be updated in iTunes (since it is the same shared file).

Just export it from iMovie and add it to iTunes.

It'll create a new .m4a file but it won't be shared.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2013 1:05 PM in response to thlmuc

thlmuc wrote:

Hi,

What is the function of this sharing file?

So you can re-edit it directly in iMovie and it will be updated in iTunes (since it is the same shared file).

Just export it from iMovie and add it to iTunes.

It'll create a new .m4a file but it won't be shared.

iMovie Project to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.