Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you please advise me how I retain an email attachment file (PDF file etc) on my iPad. This to enable me to access it at a later date without wifi.

can you please advise me how I retain an email attachment file (PDF file etc) on my iPad. This to enable me to access it at a later date without wifi.

iPad

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 8:57 AM

If you are using the Email App: tap and hold on the attachment icon and Select an App to Open it in. Such as iBooks for PDFs. The file will then be saved to that Apps file area and be available for offline viewing.

If you are viewing in Safari tap on the twisted arrow icon and tap on Open In... option. Then choose an App to open and save the file to.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2013 8:57 AM in response to Somertonion

If you are using the Email App: tap and hold on the attachment icon and Select an App to Open it in. Such as iBooks for PDFs. The file will then be saved to that Apps file area and be available for offline viewing.

If you are viewing in Safari tap on the twisted arrow icon and tap on Open In... option. Then choose an App to open and save the file to.

Can you please advise me how I retain an email attachment file (PDF file etc) on my iPad. This to enable me to access it at a later date without wifi.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.