Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not receiving as normal text after leaving Wi-Fi

When I start a conversation with someone in a Wi-Fi zone, with iMessage turned on, it send in a blue bubble. When I leave the wifi zone and keep the conversation going its turns green, the problem is that once I leave the wifi zone in a iMessage started convorsation I wont receive texts until I re-enter a wifi zone. How can I change this? Turning off iMessage doesn't seem to help because I will receive some messages but not all. until I get in a WiFi zone.

Note: I don't have a data plan, just unlimited text messaging.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 8:41 AM

Your note explains it all. Without a data plan you cannot send imessage texts and others on imessage cannot send you imessage texts. They will time out and eventually send as sms. What puzzles me is why you don't have a data plan on your phone? Without it your phone is just a plain old dumb phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2013 8:41 AM in response to NickGracey

Your note explains it all. Without a data plan you cannot send imessage texts and others on imessage cannot send you imessage texts. They will time out and eventually send as sms. What puzzles me is why you don't have a data plan on your phone? Without it your phone is just a plain old dumb phone.

iMessage not receiving as normal text after leaving Wi-Fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.