Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes RADIO is not working. “iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. Make sure your internet connection is active and try again.” Try as I may, as many as ten attempts, trying to connect after restart, after shutdown, nothing works. Just so … iTu

iTunes RADIO is not working.

iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. Make sure your internet connection is active and try again.” Try as I may, as many as ten attempts, trying to connect after restart, after shutdown, nothing works. Just so …

iTunes STORE not “connectable” with my otherwise perfectly-working internet connection, viable, up and running for all other uses.

Simply put, firstly, I can't connect to the internet when I click on Radio. People are quite suspicious that this is Apple incompetence or your company's famous arrogance for this commonly-suffered problem that you won't or “can’t” fix.

Read the many web comments and you won’t be pleased with yourselves: the suspicion is that if you ruin internet radio on iTunes, Apple will somehow make more money on music downloads, etc. Bull.

Also, thirdly, my old playlist of 20 or so internet radio stations in the Ambient category STILL PLAYS !

Then fourth, I installed the latest available version of QuickTime Player 7.app Version 7.6.6 but it didn’t solve the problem either. I had QuickTime Player.app Version 10.2, but substituted what Apple website said was the latest, LOWER NUMBERED QuickTime Player version of 7.6.6

Fifth, I can't connect to iTunes store no matter what I do or what user group's advice I try. So I can’t buy or download anything from iTunes. Bad for business.

Sixth, I updated to the latest version of iTunes but this weird problem remains. All suggested Apple fixes or user group fixes are useless. Where is Apple’s famous technical competency, vaunted customer support?, and user-friendly product reputation? Get it back, please.

Solve this problem of yours ASAP for us, your numerous disgruntled, dissatisfied customers of iTunes. You can do better, should, and really –in all fairness- must.

===============================================================

NOTE: no password for iTunes exists in my Keychain. Is this a problem?

Apple ACCOUNT ID, and iTunes ID password, works but not to access iTunes with my healthy internet connection.

Apple store id It works via direct internet connetion but not through iTunes. Very strange.

===============================================================

FYI, Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27

SMC Version (system): 1.69f4

Serial Number (system): C0*******F8V

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Disabled

Intel 6 Series Chipset:

Vendor: Intel

Product: 6 Series Chipset

Link Speed: 6 Gigabit

Negotiated Link Speed: 6 Gigabit

Description: AHCI Version 1.30 Supported

M4-CT512M4SSD2:

Capacity: 512.11 GB (512,110,190,592 bytes)

Model: M4-CT512M4SSD2

Revision: 040H

Serial Number: 0000000012330912E75A

Native Command Queuing: Yes

Queue Depth: 32

Removable Media: No

Detachable Drive: No

BSD Name: disk0

Medium Type: Solid State

TRIM Support: Yes

Partition Map Type: GPT (GUID Partition Table)

S.M.A.R.T. status: Verified

Volumes:

disk0s1:

Capacity: 209.7 MB (209,715,200 bytes)

BSD Name: disk0s1

Content: EFI

disk0s2:

Capacity: 511.25 GB (511,250,432,000 bytes)

BSD Name: disk0s2

Content: Apple_CoreStorage

Recovery HD:

Capacity: 650 MB (650,002,432 bytes)

BSD Name: disk0s3

Content: Apple_Boot

Volume UUID: 600737FB-7A29-3BAE-859E-CBFE2E90C39A

<Edited by Host>

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 512 GB SSD with 16 GB RAM

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 9:15 AM

1 reply

iTunes RADIO is not working. “iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. Make sure your internet connection is active and try again.” Try as I may, as many as ten attempts, trying to connect after restart, after shutdown, nothing works. Just so … iTu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.