Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac not loading certain websites?

Hi,

For the past two months my Mac has started not to load random websites from any browser.

There are a few in question, including one i need for work, (bet365's website is one that doesnt work either), however they all work when i use a website which hides the proxy.

All the software is up to dat, and i have tried, Firefox, Safari and Chrome, all fail to load the site.

I can acces the same websites connected to the same modem/router in my house.

Is there a way to solve this issue?

,Thanks

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 1:55 PM

From the Safari menu bar, select

Safari Preferences... Privacy Remove All Website Data

and confirm. Test.

14 replies

Dec 6, 2015 12:05 PM in response to shivamkumar

I have same problem. It's driving me nuts. I'm a programmer, using computers more than 15 years, I'm daily Unix system user at work. SOME WEBSITES are not working. I can't even name that problem - I've flushed dns, reset my keychain, reset computer few times. Disabled IPv6, changed 'localisation' in Network system app (that's silly workaround for some problems!).

On PC on same network everything is working normally.

I regret that I've bought mac - I have problems with it every day. UX is TERRIBLE, worst UX design from all systems (i.e. I've must dig and search for option to be able to change buttons by TAB.. wonderful... that's embarassing and silly!).

My firewire card is not working after sleep.

Ableton 9 is not working after close - I must logout.

That's silly, I can't recommend Mac Os. That's should be marked as BETA. That's poor and unreliable system.

Sep 24, 2017 1:31 PM in response to TurkzZ

This is a common problem with both Windows and Mac users, I was too facing the same problem.

To Fix this issue follow these guide-

1. If you are on safari then Clear the Website data.

2. If you are on Google Chrome try clearing the cache and cookies.

If you don't know how to clean these web junk then download CCleaner for mac and you can easily clean browser junk.

3. Try restarting the router.

4. If nothing worked then change the DNS to Google's DNS which is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

To do so Open System Preferences > Network then select your network.

CLick on Advanced then DNS

Now add Google DNS and Save.

If you can't change DNS then visit -

https://www.itechfever.com/fix-website-not-loading-error/

It is written for Both Windows and Mac.

Jun 10, 2013 2:57 PM in response to Linc Davis

no change 😟 , i can't understand this one, its the same on google, firefox and safari, but the sites work though an ip hider.

I also tried putting my phone in 3g mode into wifi share, and using it for my macs internet connection but the results are the same. which i guess rules out the router/modem being the culprit?

Jun 11, 2013 6:56 AM in response to TurkzZ

Double-click the line of text below to select it, then copy it to the Clipboard (command-C):

www.bet365.com

Launch the Network Utility application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Network Utility in the icon grid.

Step 1

Select the Lookup tab and paste into the address field (command-V). Press return. Post the output that appears below – the text, please, not a screenshot.

Step 2

Select the Ping tab and do the same. Please enter the same input as you did in Step 1. Don't use the output of Step 1 as input to Step 2.

Note: Some browsers and mail clients will automatically complete a domain name such as "www.example.com" to a URL, such as http://www.example.com. That will interfere with the test. If necessary, edit the input in the Network Utility window to remove any added characters.

Nov 6, 2013 3:39 PM in response to Linc Davis

HI, i tried all suggestions but no results. The pages are stil "down". I did the Cache.db file, run the Network Utility bud no solution. This is the putput from Network Utility:

; <<>> DiG 9.6-ESV-R4-P3 <<>> www.bet365.com +multiline +nocomments +nocmd +noquestion +nostats +search

;; global options: +cmd

www.bet365.com. 2422 IN A 5.226.176.16

or another page

; <<>> DiG 9.6-ESV-R4-P3 <<>> www.zive.cz +multiline +nocomments +nocmd +noquestion +nostats +search

;; global options: +cmd

www.zive.cz. 269 IN A 5.198.129.140

Has anybody any solution?

Jan 15, 2014 3:32 AM in response to TurkzZ

had the same problem facebook and certain other sites were not opening at all fixed it by resetting the wifi routers' time zone to local time zone(mine was off by 5 hours) and viola .... it worked ..hope this helps

type the ip add of the router in the browser eg 191.xxx.xx.x go to system tools .time setting then check if the time zone is the same as local time zone

regards

azam

Mac not loading certain websites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.