Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About Upgrading to Apple Mac OS X Mavericks?

ok I Heard Apple Mac OS X Mavericks is gonna be out in Fall or Summer but I Was not able to see The Apple Keynote Event today cause I Had to take My Grandmother to get her hearing Aid fixed today & I Was working for 2 hours today this morning & I Just got home & I Did see the Video of The Apple Keynote Event on My Apple iPhone 5 64GB But I Could not watch the Whole Thing cause I Was out today, i saw a little bit of it so I Had a question

Will Apple Mac OS X Mavericks work on My 2009 iMac Computer? or this is as far as i'm going?, what they say at the Event? did they mention there not gonna be Supporting the 2009 iMac Computers anymore? I Really wanna know that part so i can save my money for another Apple iMac Computer. 🙂

or maybe you guys don't know anything? if so? sorry i posted this 😟

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Mid 2009 24inch Apple iMac Computer

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 12:54 PM

Apple hasn't said anything about Mac OS X Mavericks compatibility, so we don't know which computers will work. With this, I understand that all Macs compatible with OS X Mountain Lion are also compatible with Mac OS X Mavericks, or Apple will release the list of supported computers later

22 replies

Jun 10, 2013 11:10 PM in response to Kukreja

In the past Apple has provided free upgrades to people who have purchased a new Mac within a given time frame, such as a month or so, before the release of the latest OS, so depending on when you purchase a new Mac you may be eligable. If you currently own one then this likely will not apply to you, but we will have to wait for Apple to specify these details.

About Upgrading to Apple Mac OS X Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.