Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S Wifi drops when Idle (Lockscreen)

Hello everyone!

Whenever I lock my iPhone, my Wifi stops after a few minutes.

I won't receive Whatsapp messages or notifications when it's locked. How can I solve this? When I activate my 3G (or 2G) and Stop my Wifi my 3G is still working.

Forces me to use 3G, because I have a few very important mails waiting, and messages.

I have an iPhone 4S Running iOS 6.1.3

Thank you to anyone who is willing to help, I have this issue for months now, but never had the time to look for a fix, I hope someone can help me!

Rick

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 2:25 PM

It seems that turning off the 'Ask for connection' (Vraag voor verbinding, Dutch) works.

So for anyone that is having the same option, try it.

3 replies

Jun 11, 2014 12:36 PM in response to Rickpwns

this solution did not work for me. (I already had Ask for Connection disabled) -- any other ideas?

this has become particularly relevant as of late with ATT now trying to push Unlimited data plan users into switching plans with "speed caps" after 3gb of usage in a billing cycle.

It rolls out next month and there is apparently no other option other than switching plans; so after 3gb is used, the speed for those of us on the old Unlimited plans will be "reduced" for the rest of the billing cycle. The language is very sketchy and unclear, especially how they are even allowed to suddenly do this when we have contracts. When I called I was only given tips on how to keep my data usage under 3gb for as much of the month as possible. I was told I was contracted to unlimited "use", not unlimited "speed".

thus, why I'm trying to stay on WiFi as much as possible, when at work or home.

tl;dr but wanted to both ask for more info and provide some for anyone else out there who was grandfathered in with an Unlimited data plan from days of yore.

iPhone 4S Wifi drops when Idle (Lockscreen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.