Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your payment method was declined. Please enter another payment method.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2017 12:31 PM

I cant Even download a free app because today i was gonna download YouTube and it says Your payment method was declined. Please enter another payment method.

Why would i buy a free app.

This has to stop immediately.

16 replies

Jun 10, 2013 2:56 PM in response to ahmed alshehhi

Make sure that you're using a true credit card, not a debit card, and that the card was issued in your country and has a billing address in your country, and that you're using the iTunes Store of your own country. You cannot use a credit card from another country, a debit card, nor can you use the iTunes Store of another country.

If all that is correct and you're still having problems, go here:

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

and follow the instructions to report the issue to the iTunes Store.

Regards.

Jul 19, 2013 3:35 AM in response to ahmed alshehhi

Hi, my problem was solved.

First, you need to check the balance on your bank account.

Then, you need to open the itunes on your laptop and sign in. There, you can see "purchase history". Click on that.

Under the purchase history, you can see the amount you owe to Apple. If your balance is lower than the amount you owe, then you need to top up some money to your bank account.

Make sure the amount you want to top up is higher than the amount you owe.

Then, open your apple id account and click payment information..insert back your debit card info and your billing address. Then, click "Done".

That's all.. After you complete this step, under payment method you can see "None" option appears. Try this out!

(Sorry for my bad english, hope you can undertand what I want to share)

Sep 25, 2014 9:27 PM in response to ahmed alshehhi

I have similar problem, when updating apps on my Ipad - except the apps I am trying to update are free apps. E.g. the Skype app I have requires an update but I cant do that because my payment method was decline - what the H... is that all about? Why does Apple want credit card details for free app updates, that is not on and smell of corporate greed. I have entered the credit card details but it still keeps coming up with the same message.

Apple, please get this bug fixed and get on with the program or else I will revert to WIN systems.

From and unhappy Apple user!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.