Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Others using my mac email account(s)

I will try to be as succinct as possible, but this is a convoluted issue.

I registered my email address with Apple on the day they announced "@mac.com". Since, it has also become @me.com and most recently @incloud.com. In the past couple of years I have had multitudes of people try to use my email address(es) to sign up for many websites and services. At first, I thought it was someone being intentionally mean and trying to sign me up for stuff I didn't want. But on occasion, I have actually been able to communicate with people who emails were addressed to.

For instance, one evening I got an email using my @me.com address from an iPad sent to Mrs.X. Mrs. X was the aunt of the little person (7 years old) who apparently was able to set up email on her iPad and sent her aunt (Mrs. X) an email with the text "Test! I'ts me!" The aunt replied, which of course, the email came to me. I was able to exchange a couple of emails with Mrs. X (who claims that the little person was able to setup email using my email address and was not malicious).

Another instance, is when I got email from the server of a large recognizable online site that alluded to services the person was attempting to use. I contacted the support staff and not only were they able to delete this account (@me.com) but also found that accounts also existed for my @mac.com and @icloud.com!! Again, in talking with the support staff (who were wonderfully accomodating) it was apparent that the account setups were NOT malicious.

I have talked to Apple on many occasions and they don't have a clue. Apparently, there isn't any/many others out there who have experienced this other than me. I have on average, between 4 and 15 account setups/emails a week. Truly frustrating.

I had, at least previously, taken some comfort in believing that I was the only one receiving email for these accounts, but sometimes I am not so sure. There doesn't seem to be a simple way to validate.

Has anyone else had this issue? And if so, what did you do about it?

<Email Edited by Host>

Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 4:33 PM

There are no replies.

Others using my mac email account(s)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.