- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up.
- You can also wipe/erase the iPod and have the iPod play a sound via iCloud.
- If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.
- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod and report to police
- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the iPod (it erases it) using it.
- Apple will do nothing without a court order
Download the "find my iPhone app" on any apple device that you have acess too. Log into your apple account and there should be something that allows you to set a passcode on your device so no one gets into your ipod and lots of other things.
This is simply not true.
The OP stated: "iCloud app had not been activated,"
If icloud/find my iphone has not been activated, then there is nothing at all that you can do.