Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I mark sent emails to remind me when they are not answered?

I'd like to be able to mark/flag/tag outgoing emails to which I expect a reply so that I am reminded within X hours/days if they have not been answered. I could, of course, move sent emails to a "pending reply" folder but it would be nice to automate that action or have some app pop up to ask if I want a reply to enter the deadline for expecting it. That way I get reminded if a message isn't answered in a timely manner. Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 6:59 PM

2 replies

Jun 11, 2013 7:37 AM in response to sevenbar

Take a look at MailHub:

http://www.dervishsoftware.com

It allows you to set a reminder for emails, so it might at least approximate what you're looking for.

Regards.

Disclaimer: any product suggestion and link given is strictly for reference and represents my opinion only. No warranties express or implied. I get no personal benefit from the sale of any product I may recommend in any of my posts in the Communities. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited. You must be this tall to ride. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Preservatives added to improve freshness. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

Jun 11, 2013 6:41 PM in response to varjak paw

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked over the manual for MailHub and it can be made to do what I want. However, the process would take longer than the method I use now (simply moving the sent message from the SENT folder to a folder named AWAITING REPLY--CHECK DAILY. If I needed to deal with a lot of messages, then MailHub might well be the way to go. However, I generally add only 5-10 messages a week to the AWAITING folder. Again, thanks for the help.

how can I mark sent emails to remind me when they are not answered?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.