Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message when creating a Master File

I have finished editing a multicam clip of a graduation ceremony which is an hour and 27 minutes long. Clients are anxiously awaiting the DVDs/BR discs.

There are six "Rotation" and one "Ribbon" titles and 21 chapter markers in the timeline. None of the chapter markers are placed in a transition.

I'm using 10.0.8 FCPX and OS 10.6.8.

I've tried to create Master File in order to use Toast 11 titanium to make a Blu Ray disc but I've had the following message appear twice midway through the process:

The operation could not be completed because an error occurred when creating frame 152526 (error -1).

Any suggestions as to what I might do to resolve this will be greatly appreciated. Or is there is another method to create a Blu Ray disc, I'd appreciate info.

Thanks,

Gary

iMac 27, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Two OWC 250 GB 400 Firewire Drives; 1 OWC 1TB 800 Firewire driv

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 7:55 PM

Go to Preferences and turn off Background Rendering.

Select your project in the library and in the File menu, click on Delete project Render Files; choose All when prompted. Select your event and do the same with the event Render files. In the project use the range tool to select a short section. Try to export that as a test. Don't render before you export.

If that doesn't work, copy the project and paste it into a fresh project. Try another export test.

If that doesn't work, create a new user account.

As for Blu Ray, there is a Share preset if want to check it out. Very simple menus. And the preset can only handle single tracks.

Good luck.

Russ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2013 7:55 PM in response to Gary Markovich

Go to Preferences and turn off Background Rendering.

Select your project in the library and in the File menu, click on Delete project Render Files; choose All when prompted. Select your event and do the same with the event Render files. In the project use the range tool to select a short section. Try to export that as a test. Don't render before you export.

If that doesn't work, copy the project and paste it into a fresh project. Try another export test.

If that doesn't work, create a new user account.

As for Blu Ray, there is a Share preset if want to check it out. Very simple menus. And the preset can only handle single tracks.

Good luck.

Russ

Error message when creating a Master File

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.