Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac App Store not working? (Glitching and flashing!)

I was at my friends house, everything was working fine. I went to my girlfriends house, everything was still working fine. Then once I got home, I got back out my 2010 MacBook Pro 15" to use and some pages on the internet looked a little odd. They were all in HTML format and wouldn't go back (Pages such as Skype and Apple's main page). I thought they were just down or being fixed up, but then I went to update my Mac under the App Store. I clicked the App store and a message popped up saying "App Store cannot verify a secure connection with the App Store." The options were "Cancel" or "Continue". I clicked "Continue" so I could update my Mac, but weird enough, the App Store started flickering (strobing; blinking) as seen in this video by someone with the same problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De8aQZccRvA
I do not know what to do or why this is happening, so help would be VERY nice.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 8:29 PM

3 replies

Jun 10, 2013 10:37 PM in response to Dakota Cosin

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Console in the icon grid.

Make sure the title of the Console window is All Messages. If it isn't, select All Messages from the SYSTEM LOG QUERIES menu on the left. If you don't see that menu, select

View Show Log List

from the menu bar.

Click the Clear Display icon in the toolbar. Then try the action that you're having trouble with again. Select any messages that appear in the Console window. Copy them to the Clipboard (command-C). Paste into a reply to this message (command-V).

When posting a log extract, be selective. In most cases, a few dozen lines are more than enough.

Please do not indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Important: Some private information, such as your name, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.