Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i be a apple developer at 16

I want to start coding and be a apple developer but it says i have to be 18 when im signing up. I have seen on the apple design awards there was a 13 year old that won a award.

iPad, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 7:16 AM

There are two aspects of the age limitation. One, as underage, you cannot legally sign a binding contract, and two, you need a credit card to sign up. But, that said, there is no explicit age limit to developer membership, just legal restricts that involve age related aspects.

So, what you need to do is get your parents to sign up, as they can legally create the account. And then you can use their account to develop to your hearts content.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2013 7:16 AM in response to 2012m4rk

There are two aspects of the age limitation. One, as underage, you cannot legally sign a binding contract, and two, you need a credit card to sign up. But, that said, there is no explicit age limit to developer membership, just legal restricts that involve age related aspects.

So, what you need to do is get your parents to sign up, as they can legally create the account. And then you can use their account to develop to your hearts content.

Jun 12, 2013 6:51 AM in response to 2012m4rk

Then the only limitations would be ones that Ireland places in terms of how old must you be to enter into a legal contract. As I said, there are two implicit age-related restrictions - one is can you get (or do you have) a credit card, and the second is are you old enough to independantly enter into a legal contract. If you are too young by either criteria, then you could still get your parents to sign up and let you use their account.

how can i be a apple developer at 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.