Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded one of my programs and now the old and new both appear on launch pad, and I can't delete the old one. Is there a way I can do that?

I upgraded one of my programs and now the icons for both old and new appear on the launch pad. I don't need or want the old version to display, as it's been imported into the new one. I can't seem to figure out how to edit it off the launch pad.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 7:11 AM

1 reply

Jun 13, 2013 8:55 AM in response to nobozo

Hi there,

More then likely, the old version was installed independently from the App Store. The article below goes over the process for removing these application.

OS X Lion: Install, update, and uninstall apps

http://support.apple.com/kb/ph4524

To uninstall other apps, drag the app to the Trash (the Trash is located at the end of the Dock), and then choose Finder > Empty Trash.If you change your mind, before emptying the Trash, select the app in the Trash, and then choose File > Put Back.Warning: When you empty the Trash, the app is permanently removed from your computer. If you have any files that you created with the app, you may not be able to open them.

Hope that helps,

Griff W.

I upgraded one of my programs and now the old and new both appear on launch pad, and I can't delete the old one. Is there a way I can do that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.