Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get videos to play on my ipad mini.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 7:57 AM

Close all apps and reboot the iPad and see if that helps.

Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Double tap the home button and the recents tray will appear with all of your recent apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button or anywhere above the task bar.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

If that doesn't work, you have to supply more details as to where and when this is happening ... the videos app, videos in YouTube, in Safari???

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2013 7:57 AM in response to Traduno

Close all apps and reboot the iPad and see if that helps.

Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Double tap the home button and the recents tray will appear with all of your recent apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button or anywhere above the task bar.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

If that doesn't work, you have to supply more details as to where and when this is happening ... the videos app, videos in YouTube, in Safari???

Jul 3, 2014 8:32 PM in response to Demo

HI . well I use ucbrowser+ mostly to watch videos and frm past few days I am not able to watch any video online . It shows a slanting line on the play option.i think its cuz I downloaded an app on my PC n deleated some folders frm my pad n since then I am not able to play videos of a perticular site videoweed however I can watch other videos online eg frm YouTube .the other possibility is that I updated my I pad mini to ISO 7.1.2 .what should I do to start watching videos again plz help

thnx 🙂

Apr 7, 2016 7:34 PM in response to Traduno

I had a similar issue with my son's iPad. The movies clearly transferred to the iPad but I couldn't see them in the Video app. After many agonizing hours, I remembered I had placed a restriction on his movie viewing and only allowed PG movies. The movies I was trying to download were PG-13. Once I removed this restriction, the movies popped up on the iPad immediately. Double check to make sure there are no restrictions on the iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.