Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to connect a dynamic or condenser mic directly to the iPhone and record via GarageBand? I am looking to develop a cheap on the go recording studio for my electric

I want to create a cheap, makeshift recording studio. I won't be recording much more than vocals, my electric amp and acoustic. Is it possible to connect a dynamic or condenser mic directly into GarageBand for iPhone? Any and all suggestions (including those for a particular interface etc) are welcome. I was looking into the Kvg connector kit...

GarageBand (iPad), GarageBand

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 11:15 AM

3 replies

Jun 11, 2013 11:47 AM in response to Runforhim412

If you want to use a condensor mic (requiring phantom +48v) then you will need something along the lines of a Focusrite iTrack solo recording interface. It's a little on the pricey side, but I use some of their kit and it'sall good stuff 🙂 However, for something a little more realistic in terms of price, I can't really fault the iRig range by IK Multimedia...

Hope this helps!!

Jun 19, 2013 11:53 AM in response to Runforhim412

If you want to go for cheap, then a condensor mic is out of the picture because they are more expensive to start with (and require an extra preamp).

If you think about it, you have already the cheapest solution, your ear buds. IT is a little microphone. Technically you can plugin a dynamic mic into the iPhone with the right adpater.

If you want to get a little bit above "Fisher Price" quality, get the iRig and a decent Mic, doesn't have to be expensive to start with.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Is it possible to connect a dynamic or condenser mic directly to the iPhone and record via GarageBand? I am looking to develop a cheap on the go recording studio for my electric

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.