Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Publish the website to the root folder (without creating a new folder)

Hi there! Sure this problem has already been discussed here many times and I'm not the only one who's interested this question, but how can I publish my website using FTP without creating a new folder, just to the root folder of my web hosting? Is that even possible or should I each time drag all the files from the folder created by iWeb and put them to the root folder manually?😟 I'm a little bit confused. Guys help me with this, please! Many thanks in advance!!

iWeb '08, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 11:55 AM

2 replies

Jun 11, 2013 2:55 PM in response to Maroonz

If you are using iWeb 08, then publish your site from iWeb to a local folder and then with whatever ftp software you are using - Cyberduck, simply select the contents of your site folder but NOT the whole site folder and upload the contents only to the root folder on your server.

Be advised though that this can break RSS feed links, as this relies on the site folder being present.

Publish the website to the root folder (without creating a new folder)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.