Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 9.4.3 always prints me "Sign in to Photo Stream using iCloud. In order to use Photo Stream, you have to be signed into your iCloud account in System Preferences." even If i have iCloud setted up correctly

When i want to set up my photostream on iPhoto 9.4.3 it always print me:

"Sign in to Photo Stream using iCloud. In order to use Photo Stream, you have to be signed into your iCloud account in System Preferences.".

I have iCloud setted up correctly. Please help me 😟

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 1:32 PM

8 replies

Nov 29, 2013 9:45 PM in response to Old Toad

I had some vary bad experiences with 10.8.5 forcing me to reinstall 10.8.4 and restore from a backup... ITerminal was hit with broken Sudo* / dyld messages when unsuccesfully trying to install some programs or run clean up routines... so "upgradint to 10.8.5" is the last thing I'll be doing-... maybe if there is a 10.8.6 and they fix these issues... but otherwise... not a hope in ****!

I have tried signing in and out several times... FINALLY managed to sign in to Messages with my iCloud Accound (I had pretty mucgh given up on ever being able to,,, simply signed out of both iCloud and Messages on my IPhone and then signed in Fresh... went back yo my MacPro and hey presto...
There are some seriously "iffy" issues with that side of Apple's operations... ICLoud and Mas... a Joke at the best of times...
However...I can live with Aperture... might just drop and forget about IPhoto altogether at this point... just leave it installed and switch Libraries in Aperture if I want ti access the IPhoto Library

*Sudo was virtually not there... had to go into some file and play with variables to try get it back... but there were still issues... and breakages preventing installation of some prgrams... Logitech Mouse drivers for one,,, but by no means the only one,,, so 10.8.5 - No Chance!

iPhoto 9.4.3 always prints me "Sign in to Photo Stream using iCloud. In order to use Photo Stream, you have to be signed into your iCloud account in System Preferences." even If i have iCloud setted up correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.