Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I have a different default reply account for iCloud mail?

When I reply to emails on my iPad that came from the iCloud server the replies are from my iCloud account unless I manually select the @gmail.com account in the dropdown list. I want all replies to automatically default to the gmail account. Is this possible? I have set the default account as the gmail account but it is not working the way I want. On my Macbook it does work!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 2:51 PM

2 replies

Jun 14, 2013 11:41 AM in response to mario49

Hi Mario, Thanks for the response.

I have done all that you suggested. I set the SMTP outgoing server in my iCloud account for my yahoo account. I turned off the iCloud server as primary outgoing server. I also set the default account to the Yahoo account.

When I try to respond to an email on my iPad (using the mail app) that was sent to my Yahoo account, the "from" field defaults to my iCoud account! I can then manually select the Yahoo from the dropdown menu. If I don't do that the message is sent from the Icloud server!

What I would like to do is that the mail app always defaults to the Yahoo account IMAP outgoing server. This is happening on my MACbook but not in the iPad or iPhone.

Thanks a lot for your help!

How can I have a different default reply account for iCloud mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.