Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i pass the pictures in my iphone to i photo and then i delete them from my iphone does the pictures in iphoto get erased on the next sync?

i need the answer because my iphone is full

iPhone 5

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 4:23 PM

2 replies

Jun 13, 2013 2:26 PM in response to gabrielacordova

Hello Gabriela,

It sounds like you want to save photos from your iPhone to your MacBook Pro to free up some space on your iPhone. Photos are very important, so I definitely understand your concern. iPhoto sees your iPhone as a camera, so if you import photos from your iPhone to iPhoto, it is transferred to iPhoto and would not be erased from your computer after you sync with iTunes.

I found an article with steps on importing your pictures to your computer:

You can import pictures from your iOS device using iPhoto (if installed):

1. Connect the device to your computer. iPhoto should automatically launch into its import window with your device's images and videos listed.
    Note: If iPhoto does not automatically open, you may wish to enable the behavior.
  2. Click Import All. If you want only some of your images imported, select the images and videos you would like to import into iPhoto, then click the Import Selected button.
  3. When the photos finish importing, you will be presented with a dialog asking whether you'd like to delete the original photos from your Camera Roll. Click Delete Photos.
    Note: Deleting photos after importing helps to reduce Camera Roll size, and it improves backup and restore times. You may choose Keep Photos if you wish to import the photos to additional computers.

You can find the full article here:

iOS: Importing personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4083

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

if i pass the pictures in my iphone to i photo and then i delete them from my iphone does the pictures in iphoto get erased on the next sync?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.