Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming iTunes library through ps3

Imac 27 intel with 10.8. Have a LaCie cloud box plugged in to AirPort Extreme. Want to be able to stream and shuffle my entire iTunes library through the PS3.

It connected, able to stream music and Iwas able to shuffle each album but not entire library. When I selected the artist folder, able to shuffle those randomly. When I tried again later from that same folder, noticed the previously shuffled music, each song, was listed and the playback followed that list in order and would not shuffle.

This may not be the item I need, perhaps the wdc MyBook live would work better?

PS3 support not able to help much and LaCie suggested copying the library to a playlist on the PS3 and trying it that way, hopeful it might randomly shuffle the library.

Anyone have this issue with PS3 or the LaCie box? Any ideas or suggestions? Would the WDC work any differently? Told the Mac has to be on for Apple TV to work, which I don't want.

Thanks.

Don

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion, two-2TB OWC Mercury Elite Pro drive

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 4:37 PM

There are no replies.

Streaming iTunes library through ps3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.