Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 160 gig classic freezes itunes

My one year old ipod classic has recently sufferd from sort of odd error! Two days ago I connected my ipod to a friends mac to let it charge when i came back my ipod had been wiped of all music and videos! while that bummed me out at first the problems got worse once i got home. Now when i connect my Ipod to my Computer (windows 7) it asks weather or not i want to reformat the device, and my itunes simply freezes when it tries to connect to the Ipod. Is it possible connecting it to the other computer somehow screwed the software? also i cant do a restore since it just freezes my itunes.... any suggestions?

iPod classic

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 4:21 PM

1 reply

Jun 13, 2013 2:23 PM in response to Glitch_Dancer503

Hey Glitch_Dancer503,

MY suggestion would be to put the iPod Classic into disk mode. After that the restore option should not be as difficult.

Putting iPod into Disk Mode

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1363

iPod devices with a Click Wheel

1. If necessary, verify that your iPod has a Click Wheel.
  2. Before placing the iPod into Disk Mode, verify that it is charged.
  3. Toggle the Hold switch on and off (set it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
  4. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least six seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
  5. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.

User uploaded file

6. Connect the iPod to your computer; the screen on the iPod will should say "Do not disconnect".

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

-Norm G.

My 160 gig classic freezes itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.