Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4s turned off randomly and will not turn back on. My 'lock/sleep' button has been broken since December so I am unable to hold down the 'lock' and 'home' button simultaneously. I have tried charging it as well as plugging it into my computer.

I have an iphone 4s and it turned off randomly and will not turn back on. This has happened before and I usually press the ‘sleep’ and ‘home’ buttons simultaneously to bring it back to life but my ‘sleep’ button has been broken/jammed since December (so I cannot press it at all). I have tried charging it as well as plugging it into my computer and nothing has happened. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly apperciated. Thanks.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 7:43 PM

1 reply

Jun 11, 2013 8:30 PM in response to morganmakana

The only step you can do since your button is broken is trying to put it in recovery mode. Heres how..

Have itunes open and your USB cord plugged in BUT NOT to your iphone. Hold down the home button on your iphone and while you hold it down, plug it into the cord and keep holding on to the button until the apple logo comes up. Once it does, you will need to restore your iphone but at least you will be able to use it again.

My iphone 4s turned off randomly and will not turn back on. My 'lock/sleep' button has been broken since December so I am unable to hold down the 'lock' and 'home' button simultaneously. I have tried charging it as well as plugging it into my computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.