Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB Cord that comes with Magic Mouse

HI,

I bought a Magic Mouse when they first came out. With it came a USB cord. One end is a normal usb, the other is where a USB would go in it. Except at this end, a normal USB doesnt fit, as it has a bit of metal that is raised up, as though to fit a specific type of USB.

I was wondering if anyone knows what it is actually for and how it works? I have been looking at things and it discusses that it connects to charging stations, but the charging stations for the magic mouse I have seen, have plugs for the wall.

It seems odd to get this cord with the mouse, but it not connecting to the mouse?

Thanks

Magic Mouse

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 9:13 PM

1 reply

Jun 17, 2013 7:48 AM in response to Madeleine204

I don't see why Apple would send a usb coard with a bluetooth mouse. But I purchased a wired keyboard a while back that came with a coard that fits your discription. I think they raised a bit of the metal up so you could only use the coard as an extension with an apple mouse or keyboard. The Male USB end on myh keyboard has a grove down the center, alowing it to plug into Apple's extension, while still letting it plug into a normal USB port.

USB Cord that comes with Magic Mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.