Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why not an option for this?

I’ve gone back to Safari after years with Chrome because of the many problems I was having with the Flash extension. I like Safari again. It is more stable since I used it last. I'm still on Snow Leopard. I miss more than a few things about Chrome but there is ONE THING, however, that I really can't stand about Safari. Safari NEEDS an option to right click on selected text, select "Search with [your favorite NSA approved brower]," but open the search in a NEW TAB !!! It only searches in the same tab right now, which is very inconvenient. Either a check box in prefs or key combination-click or something. But please, make it SOMETHING. I'm so tired of having to copy the text, open a new tab, paste the text in search, and hit return. I know, life is rough sometimes but it doesn't have to be any rougher, does it?

Safari-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 10:50 PM

3 replies

Jun 12, 2013 6:22 AM in response to 23enigma

>> ...right click on selected text, select "Search with..." but open the search in a NEW TAB !!! It only searches in the same tab right now ... Either a check box in prefs or key combination-click or something...

pressing the Command (Apple) key when clicking 'Search with...' opens the search in a new tab

Command-Shift-click makes that new tab active.

Command - Option - (Shift) does the same, but in a new window

why not an option for this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.