Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i use the motherboard that i currently have in my dell in my macbook?

i just bought a macbook air 2008 from ebay and it does not come with a logicboard/motherboard. i have a dell inspiron 1545 that is in fine working condition. can i use the motherboard from my dell in my new macbook?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 11:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 1:02 AM

Macbook Airs are extremely compact, and because of that, every internal component has been painstakingly designed to fit inside of this Mac. Their is likely no other motherboard/logic in existence except for those designed for the Air that will fit into your computer. Those logic boards alone cost about 75-90% of what a new Air would cost from Apple. I hope you didn't spend too much money on your new aquisition.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2013 1:02 AM in response to mparfet

Macbook Airs are extremely compact, and because of that, every internal component has been painstakingly designed to fit inside of this Mac. Their is likely no other motherboard/logic in existence except for those designed for the Air that will fit into your computer. Those logic boards alone cost about 75-90% of what a new Air would cost from Apple. I hope you didn't spend too much money on your new aquisition.

can i use the motherboard that i currently have in my dell in my macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.