Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to burn an Aperture Slideshow with Music onto DVD using Toast Titanium 11

Leonie; U have tried to help me with this issue in the past, but now I have purchased Toast Titanium 11 that the Apple store recommended. My issue hasn't really changed but here goes. I love using Aperture for all my Photo editing, I can easily build a Beautiful slide show in Aperture easy to add the Audio/Music & it all plays perfect full screen slide show on my 27" Mac Desktop... Now U can't apparently drag this slide show into Toast and burn a Perfect slideshow with audio?

I'm guessing you have to export it to:________ Where or What or Via to bring into & or find it in Toast to Burn to a DVD that will play a beautiful Audio Slideshow on you're big screen Tv via you're home Dvd player. Can you please SPELL out the path from: Aperture slideshow > Export as & to what or where > what is under in Toast > what settings do I Need to use once its in Toast > then Burn to a Beautiful Slideshow for the Tv.

It's so easy to Create in Aperture & looks awesome on my 27" Mac; & I know now you can't burn a DVD straight from anything in Aperture.

I just need it to be as good on a DVD using Toast to see & share on the TV.

Thank You, David C.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 1:54 AM

11 replies

Jun 12, 2013 4:09 AM in response to David from Alta Loma

Yes you can. I don't use Aperture but I don't imagine it to be different to burning from iMovie.

Just drag the project folder to the open Toast window, having selected the appropriate preferences.

You may find that Toast converts it to mpeg2 before burning, which is what you want, but it can take a little time.

Just make sure you are creating a video DVD and not a data dvd.

Please post back with results - for reference purposes! 🙂

Jun 12, 2013 7:16 AM in response to David from Alta Loma

You need to export the slideshow from Aperture and then import the .mov file into Toast.

If you are not burning a BluRay DVD then you don't want to export from Aperture as HD, HD burned onto to an SD dvd will look terrible.

As for exact settings you'd be better off playing around with them on a small slide show and then try burning and viewing it. It is difficult to give exact settings as each situation will be different.

regards

Jun 12, 2013 7:19 AM in response to Klaus1

Just drag the project folder to the open Toast window, having selected the appropriate preferences.

Klaus1

Not sure what project folder you are referring to but Aperture doesn't create a project folder that can be used in this way. The slideshow has to be exported from Aperture as a video file before it can be used elsewhere. There is no way to access the slideshow 'project' in Aperture.

regards

Jun 13, 2013 10:55 AM in response to Klaus1

Started export last night from Apeture slideshow to a video/movie so I can pick it up in Toast: huge file 1.51GB between 522 photos & 13 songs in Wedding slideshow... So far I've tried Export 3 times with mixed results: all jpeg images or all music or even 6 folders ( 1-music, 5 with photos) NONE are copying my Aperture Slideshow like it is in Aperture? What am I missing to EXPORT this slide show with perfect matched music from Apeture to a Movie? Still pending completion of 4th export to see results (Over 8hrs now) just wasting DVD's like crazy!

Jun 13, 2013 11:00 AM in response to David from Alta Loma

I have to ask: why did you choose Aperture for a slideshow project?

There are many ways to produce slide shows using iPhoto, iMovie or iDVD and some limit the number of photos you can use (iDVD has a 99 chapter (slide) limitation).

If what you want is what I want, namely to be able to use high resolution photos (even 300 dpi tiff files), to pan and zoom individual photos, use a variety of transitions, to add and edit music or commentary, place text exactly where you want it, and to end up with a DVD that looks good on both your Mac and a TV - in other words end up with and end result that does not look like an old fashioned slide show from a projector - you may be interested in how I do it. You don't have to do it my way, but the following may be food for thought!

Firstly you need proper software to assemble the photos, decide on the duration of each, the transitions you want to use, and how to pan and zoom individual photos where required, and add proper titles. For this I use Photo to Movie. You can read about what it can do on their website:

http://www.lqgraphics.com/software/phototomovie.php

(Other users here use the alternative FotoMagico: http://www.boinx.com/fotomagico/homevspro/ which you may prefer - I have no experience with it.)

Neither of these are freeware, but are worth the investment if you are going to do a lot of slide shows. Read about them in detail, then decide which one you feel is best suited to your needs.

Once you have timed and arranged and manipulated the photos to your liking in Photo to Movie, it exports the file to iMovie as a DV stream. You can add music in Photo to Movie, but I prefer doing this in iMovie where it is easier to edit. You can now further edit the slide show in iMovie just as you would a movie, including adding other video clips, then send it to iDVD 7, or Toast, for burning.

You will be pleasantly surprised at how professional the results can be!

To simply create a slide show in iDVD 7 onwards from images in iPhoto or stored in other places on your hard disk or a connected server, look here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1089

Jun 13, 2013 11:19 AM in response to David from Alta Loma

David,

this sounds like you tried to export from Aperture's "File" menu and not used the "Export" button in the Slideshow panel. The "Export" button in the Slideshow panel will render your slideshow as you see it in Aperture as a video.

In the File Chooser dialog that will pop up, select one of the HD preset in the "Export" presets (or custom)

Then preview the exported video, before you burn it.

Léonie

User uploaded file

Klaus -

I have to ask: why did you choose Aperture for a slideshow project?

The Aperture Slideshow Themes are at least as versatile as iPhoto's and make great slideshow videos. Only, you can no longer share directly to iDVD.

Jun 13, 2013 12:37 PM in response to Klaus1

Klaus1 wrote:

Firstly you need proper software to assemble the photos, decide on the duration of each, the transitions you want to use, and how to pan and zoom individual photos where required, and add proper titles. For this I use Photo to Movie.

Why can't you do that in Aperture 3? That is EXACTLY how I do it right in Aperture working directly with the RAW image files ... simply choose Classic or Ken Burns as your theme and you can edit transitions, pan and zoom for each individual slide, full time line functionality, you can add text and/or most common metadata on each slide, add multiple title/credit/segue or blank slides, custom colr backgrounds, multiple music/audio files, even set the transitions to the flow of the music by tapping the return key in the tier playback mode ... just as easily as you can in any third party app ... no fuss, no exporting images, no extra expense ... what could be easier? ... The only limitation is your own imagination.

http://www.apple.com/aperture/what-is.html#share

The Slideshow feature is the only reason I bought Aperture 3 ... then discovered how much I enjoyed working in the entire app.

I want to burn an Aperture Slideshow with Music onto DVD using Toast Titanium 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.