Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Customizing The Tool Bar and Setting Preferences Problems

Need Help With Safari

While trying to customize the toolbar and setting preferences like setting auto fill, adding Develop or any other preference everything looks fine, I shut down Safari and re-open and everything I changed has been lost. I've tried removing the P-Lists, re-installing Mountian Lion 10.8.4 and several other things to fix this problem.

One other thing that happens is, I try to add a new folder to the favorites bar and all it does is loop. once the looping startes I have to force quite. The only way to add a new folder is on my iPhone or iPad.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 11:38 PM

2 replies

Jun 12, 2013 4:21 AM in response to MACPROTODAY

Go to Safari > Preferences > Security

Deselect: Allow all other plug-ins

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, follow the instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

If it's not a plug ins issue, select the Extensions tab from the Safari > Preferences.

If there are any installed, turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test. If that helped, uninstall one extension at a time then test.

If nothing above helped, quit Safari then open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Relaunch Safari.

Jun 12, 2013 8:19 AM in response to MACPROTODAY

Triple-click the line below to select it:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Show Info

from the contextual menu.* An Info dialog should open.

• Does the dialog show "You can read and write" in the Sharing & Permissions section?
  • In the General section, is the box labeled Locked checked?
  • What is the Modified date?
*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard ( command-C). Open a TextEdit window and paste into it ( command-V). Select the line you just pasted and continue as above.

Customizing The Tool Bar and Setting Preferences Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.