Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular Network Not Available

I just received a new iPhone 5 at work, upgrading from the iPhone 4. The cellular carrier on the new phone is the same as on the old one, but the iPhone 5 says the cellular network is not available and I have "No Service" at the top left of the screen. WiFi is working fine, by the way.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 3:25 AM

Are you sure the new Sim card has been properly activated by the carrier? The Sim card on the iPhone 5 is a nano sim while the sim card on the iPhone 4 is larger and cannot be used on the iPhone 5. Contact the carrier to determine that your new Sim card has been properly provisioned and is activated.

3 replies

Jul 9, 2016 5:28 AM in response to Rojmer

I Have the same problem. I tried my sim in a friends iPhone and it worked immediately. when I did a network setting reset it came back on for a couple minutes and went back to no service and then 'searching..' I also did a factory reset and get the same thing. except now I can't activate my facetime or iMessage. Any ideas?

Cellular Network Not Available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.