Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with links in iBooks Author

Hello
I'm working on a book and have experienced a strange problem with my links. When I'm in ibooks author, the links work fine, but when I export to the ipad, they all link to a wrong place.
Has anyone had this problem?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 5:07 AM

6 replies

Jun 12, 2013 7:13 PM in response to Ricardo Canha

If they are "working" in the iPad preview... all the "wrong places" other links you have in the book - is it Apple.com?

IF, its Apple - the selector has a bad habit of losing the URL added and sticking with the apple.com default, make sure its actually your URL link.

Next is are the other links on the same page - and added to a CLICK HERE or similar text within the flowing text of your book or are they in text boxes on a page with the default flowing text. If so it could be a layering issues - in that instance bring your link text to the front ( Arrange in top menu)

Jun 12, 2013 7:30 PM in response to scottaud

Produce an ePub book using Adobe InDesign or any other ePUB creator suitable to you computer.

I know its possible to have an Apple account using Windoze PC,however - I just tried downloading iTunesProducer on a PC and its a .dmg for use with Macs only. So without a mac I don't know how you could deliver a book.

So your other options is to use an agency to manage your book(s) Apple have a list they recommend or if you search this forum there are others. A typical cost for one book is US$99.

Apple are rolling out new machines between now and September - so there will be used equipment available or reduced price old models from Apple stores and there other outlets.

Jun 13, 2013 11:53 PM in response to vinnyvg

Hello vinnyvg
I have an image of a map, each country has a text which links to the corresponding chapter to that country. The connection is made via a text link that connects to a box, which I am using to make a black background the size of the entire page, this box is labeled as diagram (info panel) and the text link connects directly to her.
I have already put all the links in the upper layer as you suggested, but it did not work.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Problems with links in iBooks Author

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.