Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recurring Problems in FaceTime

I have been using FaceTime for about a year and have continuously experienced the same problems:

-I travel abroad and use FaceTime to stay connected with friends, but 50% of the time the audio for the other side stops working halfway through my conversation and they cannot hear me anymore.

-I try to make a FaceTime call to an email address (attempting to call their macbook) and it still goes to their iPhone (for which the FaceTime app is disabled). The internet connection is never as good on the iPhone, thereby our conversation is always broken and scratchy.

-FaceTime states that it is "connecting" from my side many times but it will either continue to ring on the other side or will not ring at all.

-If I am being called from another person's FaceTime, many times it will ring on both my iPhone and Mac. Once I answer on my Mac, it will continue ringing on my iPhone for some reason until I click "end" even though I have answered on the Mac.

-Once in a while my macbook will run out of battery and upon plugging in the charger, it will reset my laptop (I have yet to find out why this happens). Once it starts up, my date will be reset back to Dec. 2000 for some reason and FaceTime will stop working. It will give me the error "Registration failed." I have found that if I uncheck and check the "automatically set time and date" option, it will start working once again though.

I am not sure if these are connectivity problems or problems in the app. They are all very frustrating and I have had to change video calling softwares many times due to these problems. Does anyone know any solutions to these? Other than the reseting the date and time one.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 6:46 AM

There are no replies.

Recurring Problems in FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.