Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 heating up, and battery drains super fast

Hi, since the day I got my iPhone 5 I was very happy, and I thought I would be very satisfied with it, but it turned to be the opposite.I

I'm not proud neither satisfied of my iPhone 5, it's heating up fast since the first day I got it, and battery drains super fast...

And I'm not the only one who has the same problem, I've got 5+ friends that complains about heating and battery drains fast of their iPhone 5.I'

I'm getting really tired and sick of it, I mean...I went on a school trip, most of my classmates had iPhone 4/4S, their battery survived for the whole trip, and they ended up with 60% ~ 30% battery percentage left, with over 7 hours of usage (Including 3G). While my iPhone 5's battery died after like 3~5 hours of usage, not much of Internet used though, just listening to music, taking photos and such... This just makes me angry and encouraging me to throw this phone, and get a Samsung instead, but since I'm an apple fan, and I love iPhones... I came here to ask for help first, so any idea of what the reason could be a software problem or hardware?
Here's a picture of ONE of my Usage results on my iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

User uploaded file

I have tried to upgrade it to iOS 7 (beta version) thought that apple fixed it, and might help my iPhone... but unfortunately, same situation. 😟

User uploaded file

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, iOS 7, Battery drains fast, Heating

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 8:45 AM

5 replies

Jun 12, 2013 8:58 AM in response to Wael Abed Elal

And don't tell me to turn of Location Serivces, because it's already off, did it because I saw replies on such threads saying that it will help, but no, it doesn't help, also i close applications everytime I stop using them, and I have turned off notifications from some apps, but no help at all! 😟

I woke up many times to find my iPhone on 95% or 90% ~ battery percentage after leaving it 100% fully charged (with no apps running in background)

Jun 17, 2013 9:57 AM in response to anthonylim

If you read his original post....

---------------------------------------------------

I have tried to upgrade it to iOS 7 (beta version) thought that apple fixed it, and might help my iPhone... but unfortunately, same situation. 😟

------------------------------------------------

...then you would know that he obviously had the problem in iOS6.

Therefore...no problems are solved.

Sep 5, 2013 6:57 AM in response to Wael Abed Elal

I FOUND THIS SOLUTION ON ANOTHER CHAT ROOM.

GO TO SETTINGS/GENERAL/ABOUT

SCROLL DOWN TO DIAGNOSTICS & USAGE

OPEN

CHECK 'DON'T SEND'.

THIS SHOULD SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM, AS IT DID MINE.

IF YOU STILL HAVE A PROBLEM, TEMPORARILY CANCEL YOUR IMAIL SERVER, HOLD DOWN THE ON/OFF SWITCH AND THE BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FACE SIMULTANEOUSLY UNTIL THE PHONE SHUTS DOWN. WAIT TEN SECONDS. TURN PHONE BACK ON AND RE-INSTALL YOUR MAIL SERVER.

I DID BOTH BEFORE JUST DOING THE FIRST PROCEDURE, SO I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHICH WORKED, OR IF YOU MUST DO BOTH.

MY PHONE DOES NOT GET HOT, AND THE BATTERY SEEMS TO BE HOLDING ITS CHARGE FAR LONGER THAN EVER.

THERE IS NO NEED FOR APPLE TO VIEW YOUR USAGE OR 'DIAGNOSE'.

iPhone 5 heating up, and battery drains super fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.