Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NO sound is coming through when playing movies i downloaded from itunes when i try to use my Apple TV?

NO sound is coming through when playing movies i downloaded from itunes when i try to play them through my Apple TV?

All my other films from hard drive & ipad play fine?

Message was edited by: mick1626

Apple TV, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 8:49 AM

1 reply

Jun 14, 2013 11:04 AM in response to mick1626

Morning mick1626,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you have an issue with Apple TV, there's usually a quick and simple solution you can try.

For more information on this, take a look at this article:

Apple TV: Basic troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1551

If you can see video but can't hear sound

1. If Apple TV is connected to a receiver, make sure the receiver is turned on.
  2. Make sure the input setting you've selected on your receiver matches the input you have your audio cables connected to. See the documentation that came with your receiver for more information.
  3. Make sure the volume on your TV or receiver is turned up and isn't muted.
  4. Check whether you can hear sound while playing video only. Also, check whether you can hear audio feedback while clicking through menu options.
  5. If you're connected to the HDMI port on your TV and Apple TV, make sure your TV supports audio through its HDMI port. The HDMI ports on some older TVs support only video.
  6. If you are using HDMI audio, try disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable.
  7. If you're connected to the HDMI port on your TV and Apple TV, make sure your TV is setup to receive audio from HDMI. For some TV's this is automatic, but for others there is a choice between digital and analog (for HDMI audio, choose digital). Read more about HDMI audio.
  8. Try the other audio outputs on Apple TV to see if they work.
  9. If possible, try using different audio cables.

Best of luck,

Mario

NO sound is coming through when playing movies i downloaded from itunes when i try to use my Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.