Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Pictures to Camera Roll

Ok -

So here's the deal. I upgraded to the iOS 7 Beta in order to get a taste of what it's like. I am starting to develop apps, so I wanted to see how well Paralax (probably misspelled that) works, along with transluency, etc. A very noble reason to upgrade. As I said, I wanted a "taste". I backed up to iTunes and iCloud MULTIPLE times, with everything on for iCloud backup.

After experiencing iOS 7, in all of it's laggy and buggy glory (it is a beta), I decided it was time to dowgrade. I kept the OS for like a day. Why did I downgrade so early on? I wanted to wait for a few updates and try again later on a more stable and less buggy verson. This morning, I downloaded my iOS 6 Firmware, restored my iPhone 5 to 6.1.4, and tried to restore from iTunes. I could only see one backup, and it was from iOS 7 so I couldn't use it. I then went to iCloud. EVEN THOUGH I backed up MANY times on June 11th, the only backup avaliable was from June 12th, and it was greyed out since iOS 7 was required. In the "more backups" list, I found other backups for my iPhone, but only from June 8th and 7th. Right before I upgraded, I added extra space to my iCloud account and backed up my Camera Roll to iCloud as well. On the 7th and 8th though, I wasn't backing up iCloud.

After messing around, jumping between iOS 7 and iOS 6, I was able to copy all of my pictures and videos. Again, I HAVE ALL THE FILES - I just need to now add them to my Camera Roll, and that's where I am stuck. How can I add all of these files to the camera roll of my iOS 6 device, or access the backups I made before I upgraded (they are on iCloud). Thanks for your help! I can add more info if you need it.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 10:38 AM

11 replies

Jun 12, 2013 10:55 AM in response to aueghauiehaw

Because you're importing them from a computer they will be in an album and not in your Camera Roll (which is rather annoying.) I suggest putting all the pictures you saved in an album, and start your Camera Roll all over again. Sorry you got so unlucky! Send a suggestion to Apple if you want detailing an improvement you can think of to help others avert this from happening to them!

Jun 12, 2013 11:07 AM in response to markrox7

Ok - I think that might be my only option unless I can access the backups I made before I upgraded. Can I access these backups? I really screwed this thing up. The worst part is that on the iOS 7 backup, all the pictures ARE THERE. I just don't want to run iOS 7 because some of my fav apps don't work.

I did notice that there aren't any other backups avaliable since after June 9th - will the ones I made before upgrading be avaliable in a few days? Thanks for your help.

Like I said, the backups I made right before upgrading have my camera roll in them, it's just the ones that are currently avaliable that don't,

Adding Pictures to Camera Roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.