Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano Volume cant be set

I have an iPod Nano 8GB - SW Version 1.0.4. (2yrs old)

Problem - I have tried to set the volume at about 90% (settings - Playback- Vol limit) by turning the wheel. The dotted line moves up ok and I then press 'done' to complete the exercise however the dotted line returns to 50%.

This was fine before I uploaded some new playlists recently (I wasnt updating sw so nothing really changed)

I have tried every reset incluing wiping the iPod completely but the volume limit simply returns to 50%.

I have googled for hours and can see that there has been issues but most of the answers people offer (hacking and sw downloads) simply have no effect.

Guys I'm desperate .....I have run out of suggestions.

iPod nano, Volume limit,

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 10:51 AM

1 reply

Jun 13, 2013 12:01 AM in response to Davidmcg

I think I have solved my own problem for what its worth but it has no logic.....

I selected a song and pressed 'Play'. I then went into 'Settings-playback-Vol Limit' and kept setting it to 100%. I had to do this repetitivly about 5 times and eventually the thing stayed at 100%.

I seemed to have to do this quickly and avoid the 'power save' diming the display or it would reset to 50%.

I know this doesnt sound scientific but it worked almost by forcing it to play a song at 100%?

For the record I tried all the answers on the interenet such as hacking, hidden folders etc but none of these worked so obviously a glich in the firmware.

iPod Nano Volume cant be set

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.