Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

animating grouped objects for ipad presentation

I am working on a 134-slide timeline presentation in keynote that I'm designing on my Mac and then transerferring to an iPad. I have read that to avoid problems translating the presentation from a Mac to an iPad to avoid grouping objects that an effect will be applied to. I'm taking that to mean that includes animation? I have several slides where three different blocks of text need to dissolve into the frame at the same time. It makes sense to me to group these instead of applying a separate build to each text block but since reading that advice (found here: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4114), I am concerned about what I should do.

Does anyone have any answers that would either verify this advice or refute it?

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 9:46 AM

3 replies

Jun 12, 2013 1:14 PM in response to museumscapes

The information in the discussion you linked to is accurate and correct.

This Apple support page verifies the issues involved in going from Mac to iPad.

My own experience involves testing exhaustively all presentations that are destined for the iPad. This can be very problematic when users disregard the guidlines set out below:

Apple Knowledge Base Mac to iPad presentations

animating grouped objects for ipad presentation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.