Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this an "update" bug?

My AS icon alerts me for 1 update.

User uploaded file

The AS menu & window shows the same thing.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

However, when I click more I get this!

User uploaded file

Window is still showing 1 update available when actually there are 3! User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac (3.2 GHz, Intel Core i5-2013)-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Fusion Drive-3.12TB, 32GB RAM

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 10:15 AM

10 replies

Jun 12, 2013 11:17 AM in response to stevejobsfan0123

I realize that's the way it is designed, I'm just saying that I don't like it much myself.

I would much rather see 5 on the notification if there are 5 different updates that can be installed on their own. As it is, my App Store icon has had the 1 on it for about a month, maybe longer because I don't really remember ..... and I have updated iTunes, the system update to 10.8.4, one of the RAW camera updates and the AirPort utility update. There is an update for my printer, a MacBook firmware update and I think one other item in the App Store when I click on More to reveal everything. I'm not at home to check for sure, but I know that the printer software and the firmware update have not been installed.

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but by my count, that's 3 updates - 2 at the very least - and not 1 like the notification tells me.

Is this an "update" bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.