Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone,

Does anyone know how to make Find my iPhone, laptop ipad a permanent so it can't be turned off. So if they get stolen it can't be turned off or deleted?

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 11:00 AM

6 replies

Jun 12, 2013 11:32 AM in response to chugers

Currently, there is no way to stop someone from simply restoring the device as new, which in turn wipes out everything on it, including the iCloud account and all its settings.

One of the advertised features in iOS 7 is the ability to dis-able the ability for anyone to restore as new. iOS 7 will require the owners AppleID and password to restore as new or even to turn off find my ipHone.

So, wait until the fall and then update to iOS 7 once it is available.

Sep 29, 2014 1:06 AM in response to chugers

Hey everyone,

I had a screen lock, plus simlock (pin code). In this situation, if someone else charges it and try to turn it on, can I see it? I presume, it needs to be the unlocked in order to get online, right? even if he/she takes the simcard out and puts a new one in, still it can not get connected to the internet because of the screen lock right?

Can anyone help me on this?

Jul 6, 2015 5:03 AM in response to chugers

Hi,

I have received the following message from Apple on my Iphone 5S,

"Find my iPhone service: Your iPhone 5 16GB White lost/stolen has been found. You can reclaim it now at http://AppleINC.eu this is last call."

I had Iphone 5 which i lost in Nov. 2013, now i am receiving the above message, please advise if this is a legitimate message from Apple or it is fake?

Br/Nadeem

Find my iPhone,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.