Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello. I have the iPod Touch 5th generation (32 GB) and all the memory is taken up because on iTunes, it says that I have 78 apps (which would take up 8.04 GB). I only have 21 apps on my iPod. Help! I need free space!

Help! On iTunes it says that I have 78 apps taking up 8.04 GB, but I only have 21 apps! I don't know if it's an iCloud thing because I probably have downloaded 78 apps throughout my entire lifetime, but I deleted them off of my iPod and iTunes! I really need more memory because I want to have my movies on my iPod, but I don't have much of an option with my apps supposedly taking up 8.04 GB! I need more space! How do I do this? (I have the 5th gen 32 GB iPod touch, btw)

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 12:32 PM

8 replies

Jun 12, 2013 12:36 PM in response to OperaSingingPlatypus

Connect the iPod to your computer and look at the storage used by the various categories as shown in the colored bargarph in iTunes.

Come back with the results.

What is the Other on my iPhone and How to Remove It

An "other" larger than about 1 1/2 GB usually indicates that the "other" includes corrupted files.

First try:

"First you go settings/general/usage/music/then left swipe over music and press delete and you would think it deletes your music but it doesn't instead it deletes your other but make sure your ipod is connected to a computer while doing this"

as recommended by:

How do I get rid of "other" storage: Apple Support Communities

Next, usually restoring from backup eliminated the corrupted files. However, sometimes restoring to factory settings/new iPod is required.

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

Jun 13, 2013 12:26 PM in response to OperaSingingPlatypus

Once you clean out Books, you can remove Apps by checking "Sync Apps", then go through the list of all Apps and 'Remove' any you don't want.

I suspect you have all your content "Checked" so it all sync onto the iPod.

Change the settings to sync only check content. Then un-check anything you don't want on the iPod.

BTW... App size includes any data stored in the App.

Apr 4, 2015 9:07 AM in response to OperaSingingPlatypus

1. Navigate to Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage(The first Manage Storage Option Under "STORAGE" Label)
  2. Find whats taking up so much storage and go to that app and delete a lot of stuff
  3. Multitasking apps take up about 2kb of storage every 5sec so make sure to double click the home button and swipe up on any multitasking app that you are not using.
  4. if you have a lot of videos on your photo app and/or a bunch of photos I would recommend backing them up on a computer or SD/USB Card and deleting them off your iPod just note if you take them off even if their on the computer you cannot recopy them to your iPod
  5. To back them up (Plug you iPod into your computer using the USB Cable it came with and if its windows then a window will popup then click view files and move that folder to what ever you want to put it on its a lot faster if you cut the folder and not copy)
  6. Thats all hope this helped🙂✅
  7. ALSO THATS WHY I DELETE GAMES AND APPS I DON'T PLAY/USE ANYMORE!!!!

Hello. I have the iPod Touch 5th generation (32 GB) and all the memory is taken up because on iTunes, it says that I have 78 apps (which would take up 8.04 GB). I only have 21 apps on my iPod. Help! I need free space!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.