Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not Starting in Windows 8

I have the most current version of iTunes and Quicktime installed -- as a matter of fact I have installed them several times. When I click on iTunes to start it, it starts up the iTunes 32 bit service (as seen in Task Manager) but the application does not open up. Based on reveiwing other posts here, here are some things I have tried so far:

1. Removed and Reinstaleld iTunes (several times)

2. Installed QuickTime

3. Turned off the firewall (windows firewall)

4. Starting iTunes as Administrator

5. Starting iTunes in Windows 7 Compatability mode (along with other lower levels)

And of course have rebooted my pc numerous times with the same results. The app never starts.

What recommendations do people have

iPhone 4S, Windows 8

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 2:39 PM

2 replies

Aug 23, 2013 10:38 PM in response to napjim

I recent had this problem after reinstalling Windows 8. I would click on itunes and it will not open, no error message either. I tried everything from Quicktime to even reformatting my computer. The problem is that the itunes folder (inside your music folder) has a corrpution in the secuirty settings. The solution is to move your itunes folder out so that itunes (the program) can make a new itunes folder.

iTunes not Starting in Windows 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.