Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full screen mode - windows

I have an embedded movie in a web page

http://mathflix.luc.edu/NCTM_cat/Geometry/Three_DimensionalShapes/070125/Spatial VisPt1-test/index.html

When opened on a Mac there is an option to view the movie in full screen mode.

I am trying to clarify that when opened on a pc / windows machine, that option does not exist?

Is there a work around I am overlooking?

Thanks,

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 2:39 PM

5 replies

Jun 14, 2013 5:44 AM in response to rondo

I am trying to clarify that when opened on a pc / windows machine, that option does not exist?

Is there a work around I am overlooking?

You are overlooking the fact that the source code for this page includes a script that checks the operating system and generates different viewing/player code for QT users and ActiveX users.

User uploaded file

Jun 15, 2013 5:23 AM in response to Being Techie

What to say about it?

My basic assumption would be that this is a result of your system configuration. And, without knowing more about your system, I can only make guesses.

For instance, which Mac OS X version are you using? By default, the Java 6 plug-in was deactivated beginning with Mac OS X v10.7 Lion in a manner similar to the way in which Apple "quietly" turned off encoding access to the "legacy" QT codecs under Lion which upset so many QT 7 Pro power users. (I only learned of this last month when trying to run a Java script that encrypts data on my system before uploading it to an online account for sharing to prevent access of the data by anyone including the service provider personnel.) Or, for all I know, it may be due to the absence of the QT player plug-in which some users remove from their system for one reason or another. (I am not an HTML/Java/HTML5 programmer so I did not actually go through the referenced site's source code to determine exactly how playback was accomplished for QT based viewing. If you are proficient in these areas, perhaps you could enlighten us regarding this issue.) I.e., as previously noted, I merely looked at the souurce code to see if it did, in fact, modify the playback of content dependent on the user's system method of playback control—which it does.

User uploaded file

Full screen mode - windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.