Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand New iPhone 5 screen is pressure sensitive

Hi Everyone!

I have a brand new iPhone 5 (white if it matters) It has never been dropped, exposed to water or anything. Like I said it is brand new. I have probably only had it for a week or two now. When i lightly press the screen it is like the LED's behind the screen are being squished. (Same situation as listed below [link] except my screen is brand new and has NEVER been replaced.) Should I take it to Apple or can I fix it at home. Also my Dad said I only get one iPhone and I don't get a replacement so will it be free to replace if I have to?

Thanks In Advanced

David

This is the link to the similar problem except it is

http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/105184/iPhone+4+screen+is+very+sensitive+to+p resure+after+a+replacement

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 4:15 PM

1 reply

Brand New iPhone 5 screen is pressure sensitive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.