Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you loose the internet connection on and off using MacBook Air?

I've had Macbooks for over 7 years. This is the first time I loose my internet connection every minute. I get it back as soon as I click on net work prefrences but then I loose it agian. I have other computers in the house, iPad, another MacBook and this only happens with this specific MacBookAir. Any clues?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 7:22 PM

1 reply

Jun 12, 2013 10:26 PM in response to Szen

This is not normal, but try to reset your MacBook's network connections as follows:

Go to  (Apple menu) > System Preferences > Network. In the left column select Wi-Fi, then click the Advanced... button.

Under "Preferred Networks" select each network that appears and delete each one using the "–" (minus) button. Check "Remember networks this computer has joined" if it is not already checked.

OK then Apply. Quit System Preferences.

Under the Mac's Wi-Fi User uploaded file icon, select your network and supply its password.

If that does not fix the problem, your MBA may simply be defective. The best way to be sure your MacBook is working the way it should is to test it with a variety of other wireless networks, preferably in an Apple Store so that you could have a Genius diagnose it if necessary.

Do you loose the internet connection on and off using MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.