Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How safeguard my Mac's contents from unscrupulous 'repairmen'?

How should one safeguard, secure, protect their Mac, when they must take it in to a 'repairman' who may or may not be trustworthy?

What could they do to it that we should be aware of.

That's a general question.

but specifically I need to take my old iBook G-4 in to some repairman because it will not turn on. I'm not asking for solution to why it won't turn on. I know what they have to do to just get it to turn on. But i just need to know what could an unscrupulous repairman do to mess with a customers mac, and how can i prevent it?

Shouldnt we be concerned?

I'm thinking they might put some tracking device on it, or some mischief.

Thankyoueversomuch.

iBook G4 (Early 2004)

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 11:37 PM

Hi, I doubt you need to worry, but there isn't much you can do othger then pulling the hard drive out first. 🙂

5 replies

Jun 13, 2013 1:56 PM in response to BDAqua

Perhaps i should repost this question and delete the problem with my particular computer because it is distracting from my onlyest question:

How should one safeguard, secure, protect their Mac, when they must take it in to a 'repairman' who may or may not be trustworthy?

I like the answer, 'Don worry bou it'. As far as it goes. Bu i was hoping for something more to bolster my confidence. 🙂

How safeguard my Mac's contents from unscrupulous 'repairmen'?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.